by Holistic Health Therapies 2022 ©
It’s all about Diet and Lifestyle Baby! – Good Health is in your hands!
We have all heard the phrase You are what you eat and well…. there is nothing more truthful than that statement.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of confusing information out there about what a healthful diet is and how to attain optimal health and overcome disease.
At wellness forum we look at the facts around food and its relationship to the disease processes and good health and offer entirely food-based solutions, not supplements, nor magical superfoods nor medicines.
For starters let’s take a look at some ways diet affects inflammation in the body
1. Fat consumption impairs circulation. Fats in the form of animal foods, deep fried foods and oils cause the red blood cells to get sticky and coagulate which impedes cell function. An example is coronary artery disease where arteries get inflamed and harden and blood flow is impeded. Another example being vascular impairments in the spine which may cause chronic back pain.
These same exact processes occur in all other area in the body and not just in the heart and spine.
Fats and oils injure the endothelial cells which provide necessary oxygen and nutrition to cells in a process known as vascular metabolism. Fats impede this process by preventing oxygen and nutrition from reaching cells in effect starving them. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8829090/
In most cases impairment in vascular circulation can be reversed thru dietary changes and the correct use of fats.
2. Arachidonic acid is a polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid found mainly in animal foods including meats and dairy products. High levels of Arachidonic acid promote inflammation in the body. This is one reason why diets heavy in animal foods increase inflammation. Essential acids can easily be obtained from other sources including non-animal foods while lowering inflammation versus raising it.
3. The consumption of a diet high in animal products is directly linked to higher mortality rates in humans and increase the risk of heart disease and cancers. Animal foods including meats and dairy are generally consumed for their protein content as well as taste preferences. There has been misleading information on the amount of protein a human needs and from which sources. It has been proven that plant foods taken in a correct combination are an excellent source and superior source of protein.
4. Fat cells produce inflammatory cytokines which lead to chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation which can include swelling, excess proteins, toxic load and or impaired cell function can lead to chronic pain symptoms.
5. Excess weight is generally characterized by excess proteins and fat which produce inflammatory cytokines. Which lead to chronic inflammation. Inflammation of nerves and arteries can impede joint and nerve function and can lead to chronic pain. Excess weight is a main culprit in chronic joint pain including back pain, knee pain and ankle/foot pain both because of inflammation but also because weight puts excess strain on structures: nerves, joints, ligaments.
6. Delayed Muscle Soreness, stiff tendons and ligaments can be improved with diet. Things like blood viscosity, oxidation and free radicals all contribute to symptoms.
In conclusion, the best antidote to chronic pain is diet and lifestyle intervention. While exercise is an essential ingredient to health it is not the primary ingredient, diet is!. You can’t ‘reverse heart disease thru exercise, you reverse it through diet! The best way to reverse GI issues is thru diet. The best way to treat autoimmune disease is diet.!
If you are suffering from chronic pain, or unusual non acute pain symptoms then diet and lifestyle interventions may be your ticket to restored health.
Over reliance on prescription meds can wreak havoc on your long-term health. Simply search for side effects of your prescription meds. One example: Lipitor is a commonly prescribed cholesterol medicine. Lipitor Side common effects include: hemorrhagic stroke, arthralgia, diarrhea, and nasopharyngitis. Other side effects include: urinary tract infection, insomnia, limb pain, muscle spasm, musculoskeletal pain, myalgia, and nausea. And the list goes on for 30 more symptoms. Bottom line: Cholesterol is best managed thru diet.!
Optimal health can be gained thru diet and lifestyle alone!!
I look forward to learning more about you and how diet and lifestyle changes can help you achieve optimal health in 2022!